Nylon 6 [Pa 6]
Nylon 6 is a semi-crystalline polyamide polymer obtained through polymerization of caprolactam. It is a thermoplastic frequently used eg in the construction of
components of machines. Its hardness and to the cotempo light weight, high tensile strength, compression, tension and impact (even in conditions of temperature and environmental conditions), the low coefficient of friction, abrasion, and strong power attenuation, make it a choice often privileged in the mechanical industry.
It is not resistant to strong acids, but has an excellent resistance to wear and weathering. It absorbs moisture. Even when subjected to continuous efforts maintains its
performance. Nylon as all polyamides is a hygroscopic material, which means that its performance in extreme lack of moisture or high temperatures are modified or reduce considerably.
And therefore it is advised to consider the types/sizes of the parts also according to the environmental conditions of end use.
Raw material of polyamide 6 (PA6); Standard color white, black (other colors on request).
Specific weight: 1,20.
– Mechanics: pulleys, cams, bearings, gears, shock absorbers, sliding components and anti-wear guides, bearings, wheels etc etc…
– Food: is guaranteed, and approved by the current regulations, which provide for use with food.
– Chemical: resistant, and therefore suitable for inorganic compounds and alkalis but not to acids.
– Thermal: the mechanical features of this material make it perfectly performing in ambients up to 90°C.
– Electrical: recommended in the electric field due to high moisture absorption.